Things and Stuff.

This is going to be hella rambley but hopefully at least one reader will take on board what I'm spewing nonsense about.

Things are great. I love things. No really my bedroom is a testement to just how much I love them and how much I underestimate my ability to store them. But at the end of the day can I live without my pink lipstick that's half a shade different in comparision to everything in my collection? Yes, yes I bloody can. Some of my makeup was gifted to me over the years and obviously I would be a little sad to see them go but at the end of the day nothing matters more to me than my friends and family.

This time last year I don't know if I was actually that happy. I had been working for a while and every month my paycheck was gone within a week. I would get butterflies running into TK MAXX imagining what wonderful products awaited! I would pick up stupid little things I 100% didn't need, hand over my card and walk out feeling amazing. It was exactly like retail therapy. Then I would go home, shove the bag onto my desk and go back to whatever was getting me down. The thrill of spending had worn off and I was back to reality. Being eaten away by my thoughts and letting everything get to me. I look back now and think about how ridiculous that was. I let shopping take control. I would flaunt my latest purchase to those I assumed would be so happy for me and how much I could spend in one day. Gah that's so embarrassing.

I've recently got back to blogging after only posting bi-monthly and jeez this is a hard community to be in when you used to have a shopping problem. I love everyone in it and love discovering new products but there is a minority out there that is totally obsessed with amassing products whether they be free or cost €30 a pop. I love seeing blog sales and when girls share with they're friends and families! I would have to live 3 lives over to use up all my blushes, perfumes and eyeshadows so I try and share as much as possible and let my mom raid my stash when she needs to.

Don't get me wrong I still shop but just not to the extent I used to. I only buy what I need and will actually use. I don't have every shade of the Revlon Lip butters or even a full Mac palette but I'll live, and that's exactly what I intend to do. Instead of driving out to Mahon Point to shop I'll take my dog for a walk or help my dad gardening. Instead of painting my nails on my own I'll wait until I get to my boyfriends house and do a pamper session with his sisters!

I will always love beauty and fashion with a passion (hey that rhymed) but my goals have definitely shifted. I want to travel, do well in my career and most importantly save a little money. I think when you surround yourself with the right people all the silly stuff you "needed" fades away and you won't have to ask your mom for petrol money all the time (lol sorry mom) :P


Anyhoo, congrats if you made it this far! I hope this doesn't offend anyone that's not my intention I just wanted to share my thoughts and these blog things are great for that :P

Thanks so much for reading,
Claire <3









6 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate. Thanks for being so honest :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone can! No problem :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Aww, love this post! It is true that everyone has more than enough random stuff than they need. Since I started blogging it's got worse too! You should do an update on how your new attitude is going in a while!

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Its crazy material things can really take over! I'll have a new years resolution update coming soon :) Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I guess at one point we all get too tired and get lost in this whole blogging world. It can get too overwhelming at times but hopefully you'll bounce back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens very easily a wishlist becomes a need list as we all try to out spend each other! I know I will thanks so much! :)

      Delete